Friday, January 7, 2011

New Year, New Commitment

For 8 months, I was completely dedicated to hot yoga. That's the longest I've ever exercised during any of my other exercise infatuations. And then, the period between Thanksgiving and New Years happened. I'm not making excuses but I had lots going on in my life to make me want to go home and lay on the couch. I found out a dear friend has a brain tumor. I had to lay off 1/3 of my department. Those of us who are left have to bust our butts to get the same amount of work done. And then there is the issue of our daughter and the fact that she seems hellbent on destroying her life. Her self-destructive behavior has me worried to death about our grandson. So I've been depressed. Exercise is good for that, right? Right. If you actually feel good enough to force yourself to do it. I haven't. So I only went to yoga a couple of times in December. I ate everything in sight. God knows how much weight I gained and what damage I did to my blood sugar, blood pressure, liver function, etc. So 2011 dawned. A New Year, new commitment. My first time back nearly killed me. The second time was tough but I felt good when I left. So, I'm back. Hot yoga, I still love you. Take care of me.

1 comment:

  1. Hang on to those feelings. You can stick with it. I just started back after a four week break from exercising. It's worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete