Thursday, January 13, 2011

8 lbs in 3 months

Arrrggghhh. Went to the doctor this week for a check-up. Blood sugar still good, blood pressure still good. Cholestrol bad, liver function outside of the norm. Dear sweet Dr. Pang came pretty close to fussing at me, especially when I confessed that I hadn't been taking my fish oil or vitamins or calcium. Or watching what I ate or exercising regularly in the past month. He actually mentioned my weight for the first time ever. This fatty liver issue isn't going to just disappear. He told me he wanted to put me back on Metformin to aid my liver function. I made promises to eat right, get back to a normal exercise routine, and take my vitamins. He relented on the Metformin, reluctantly. He told me I have to lose 8 lbs before I come back for a check-up in 3 months. 8 lbs in 3 months is not a problem. I can do that in a month. Or I can gain 8 lbs in a month. The choice is mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment